On(line) today: US Sports Betting
The ICE 365 content series continues with a focus on the US sports betting sector, providing analysis, opinions and insights from key figures across the market.
This features exclusive videos, including the launch of the regulatory round-up series, deep-dive analysis pieces and discussions bringing together a host of industry veterans.
- DraftKings chief executive Jason Robins discusses the progress of legal sports betting in the US, the operator’s upcoming platform migration, and the role daily fantasy has to play as real-money betting proliferates.
- A panel of industry experts from theScore, Catena Media and Yahoo Sports/Verizon Media talk about the early-stage evolution of sportsbook marketing in the webinar The evolution of US sportsbook marketing.
- The regulatory round-up brings together regulators from across the US to share their perspectives on what works, what needs to be improved, and what needs to happen to ensure their markets can thrive in the long term. The first three-part series incorporates commentary from early adopters Iowa, Mississippi, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- The regulatory round-up continues with states that just have launched legal wagering, such as Colorado and Michigan.
- In the last part of the round-up series, we speak to legislators in New York and Louisiana, where expansion efforts are underway.
- The path to profitability series comprises analyses of marketing, product and new verticals to offer insights into how the US market evolves from its current focus on acquisition to a more profitable proposition for operators.
- The webinar Canada’s PASPA moment brings together provincial lotteries, operators and legal experts to discuss the country’s progress towards single-event wagering and beyond.
- The role of sports betting in the US land-based market is then discussed in the webinar Sportsbook as an amenity to drive patrons back to the casino. This sees Station Casinos, Delaware North and USBookmaking explain what role betting can play in brick-and-mortar’s post-Covid recovery.
- Esports Entertainment Group CEO Grant Johnson and the Philadelphia Eagles’ Catherine Carlson explain how esports can be leveraged by traditional sports to better engage customers.
What is the ICE 365 content series?
In-depth analysis, insight and exclusive content
The series is a collection of multimedia content broken into themes that combine elements of iGB’s analysis, data and webinars with Clarion Gaming’s industry connections, events and virtual Ampersand speakeasies.
Running throughout 2021, each series will take a key vertical, topic or subset of the global gaming sector and provide insights across a variety of formats, including:
· White papers
· Exclusive data dashboards
· Videos & webinars
· Live discussions
· Curated networking sessions
· Pitch ICE
Tech Futures – This features video, insight pieces, features and webinars, all nicely rounded off with our Tech Futures survey & report.
EU Sports Betting series, 29 March
In Europe, a tricky regulatory situation is forcing the industry to innovate to engage and retain customers, while keeping players safe from harm.
Tribal Gaming series, April
The focus then shifts back to the US in April, with an exploration of the tribal gaming market. Native American gaming operations account for around half of all gaming revenue on the continent, and the Tribal Gaming series examines the role of these operators in an evolving and expanding market.